Monday, May 10, 2010

accountability, Denise

Conversation with the lady who works at the gas station store.
Me: Is there any more milk?
Her, looking over to where I’m pointing: No, we’re out.
Me: Is there going to be more?
Her: Maybe.
Me: Um. When?
Her: Maybe tomorrow. Maybe.
Me: Okay. Great. Thanks.

Conversation with the tro-tro mate on my way back from Shoprite.
The ride costs 20 pesewas. I had given him 50, and he gave me 20 change.
Me: You owe me 10 pesewas.
Him: I don’t have a 10 pesewas coin.
Me: So give me 20 pesewas.
*Laugh track of people on the bus*
2 minutes later, a woman gets on and pays in small coins.
I stick out my hand.

Me: You owe me money.
Him: I said I’m sorry.
Me: Oh, I forgive you, but you still owe me money.
*Laugh track*
He looks through his bag of coins and hands me 10 pesewas.

3 comments:

  1. Yesterday Gedaliah was at the makolet and they were out of milk, so he had to buy soy milk. So I can totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So you're allowed to buy milk in Ghana? I was assuming you couldn't.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's a laugh track on a tro tro? High tech.

    Oof, worst joke ever.

    --Me

    ReplyDelete